Water Trail Rules
USE OF THE CANANDAIGUA LAKE WATER TRAIL IS AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Watch the weather. The lake can get windy and wavy pretty quickly along with experiencing substantial lightning storms
- Use Designated Sites Only. Make sure you know where to land or launch. Please respect private property.
- Clean, Drain, Dry Boats. Stop the spread of invasive species by cleaning, draining and drying boats before entering and when leaving the water. Clean vegetation and mud from boat. Drain water where it can’t get into the lake. Allow boat to dry completely.
- Be Courteous of Others. Avoid paddling near beaches and where people are fishing. Many sites are multi-use, so be aware of others and their safety.
- Be Safe. The lake has significant motorized boat traffic. Be visible and stay alert of boat traffic. NYS law requires a personal floatation device is in your boat and you must wear it from November 1 to May 1. We highly recommend wearing a life jacket at all times while canoeing or kayaking
- Consider Swim Shoes in Shallow Waters. Zebra and quagga mussels are very sharp and can cut you.
- Know the Rules. Each site has its own rules, restrictions and fees. Store boats in designated area. Follow the rules, so paddlers are allowed in the future.
- Don’t Litter. Please take all trash with you.
- Use Public Restrooms. Do not use the lake as a bathroom.